League President: Trixie Starr (a.k.a. Rich Volo) … email@example.com
Vice President: Ulysses de Armass...firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Caleb Wilkinson … email@example.com
Treasurer: Roger Wood … firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Capital Area Pride Bowlers is an LGBTQ-friendly bowling league consisting of teams of 4 bowlers each. The league bowls every Sunday night at 6:00 PM at Sportsmans Bowl in Schenectady and will bowl a split season for 24 weeks (12 weeks in each half) beginning on Sunday, September 9, 2012. There will be a several week break after the end of the first half in December with the second half to begin January 20, 2013. During the season there will be four position weeks at the 6th, 12th, 18th and 24th weeks. There will be no bowling on the Sunday following Thanksgiving, November 25, 2012 and Easter Sunday, March 31, 2013.
2) The management of the league shall be vested in the board of directors which will be made up of the league officers and team captains. Officers will be elected by majority vote before the beginning of each new season. The Secretary and Treasurer of the league will each receive free bowling for the bowling season which will be considered their salary.
3) The amount for bowling will be based on the yearly contract of the bowling center and a league vote on dues to go toward a prize fund. Any changes in league fees shall be voted on by the league. Presently, weekly dues are set at $15.00 of which a certain amount covers the cost of bowling to the bowling center, and remainder goes to the prize fund. All regular league members will be responsible for $15.00 weekly dues regardless of presence, absence, or use of a substitute bowler. Every regular league member’s USBC membership fee will be paid out of the portion of dues collected for the league’s prize fund. Checks will be accepted, given that if any payment by check is dishonored, the member will be responsible for any fees, back dues, and current weekly dues at the time of bowling that week. Any additional dishonored checks will automatically cause member to be cash only until the end of the season.
4) No bowler will be permitted to be more than 1 week (more than $15.00) behind on league dues. If a bowler is more than 1 week behind and is unable to pay the following week, he or she will be prohibited from bowling that week.
5) Both pacers (bowlers whose scores DO NOT count toward any team's scores) and substitutes (bowlers whose scores DO count toward a team's scores) will be used during league play and subject to the following provisions:
C) A bowler attempting to substitute who is not a current USBC member AND who has no verifiable book average from the previous season will be charged $8.50 to be a pacer (scores DO NOT count toward any team) for their first two sessions (to cover USBC membership dues AND establish a current average). After two complete sessions of pacing, the bowler is eligible to sub (scores now count) using their current average and at a cost of $5.00 per session.
6) A bowler must complete two-thirds of the games in a half (24 out of 36) to be eligible to receive an individual award for that half (such as high series or high game). Also, a bowler must complete two-thirds of the games in the entire season (48 out of 72) to be eligible to receive an individual award based on whole season results (such as most improved average). An estimated prize fund will be voted upon by the league and will be given to every bowler for review when complete.
7) Team handicaps will be based on 100% of the difference between team average and 700.
8) An individual with an established average, whether from the previous season in this league or a verifiable book average from another league, will use that average until the completion of 3 games. For all new bowlers without an average, average is determined by dividing the total number of pins by the total number of games bowled in their first league session (See USBC Rule 118c) with the resulting average being used for the first 3 games. Entering averages for the 2012-2013 season will be league members' final averages from this league in the Spring 2012 session. If no Spring 2012 average, but there is a Spring 2011 average, that average will be used.
9) A late bowler may catch up only if he/she is ready to bowl prior to the completion of the 5th frame of any game.
10) If a member is absent, that member's team will use the missing member’s average minus 10 toward team score for that game. A vacancy position on a team will be assigned a vacancy score of 120. A team must have two bowlers present of which one must be a regular team member in order to have a legal line-up and to avoid a forfeit situation. In a forfeit situation, the non-forfeiting team must bowl within 40 pins of their scratch average to earn the point for each game (and within 120 pins to earn the point for series). The forfeiting team earns no points.
12) Any funds spent over $75 (other than the weekly bowling cost to Sportsmans) will required a full board vote (elected board and team captains.). Any costs under $75 will require agreement amongst the elected board. All costs will be included in the Treasurer’s report.